Longmen Seminars FAQ
Morning walking and tree practice are to be performed outdoor. We need a place with vigourous trees also warm enough for the period chosen, hence the selected location. Warm clothes and sport shoes are highly advisable. Hat could be important to wear for anyone.
Sitting practice usually needs to be indoor and in pitch dark if possible. Practitiones need to wear comfortable clothes, preferable cotton based. Temperature in the meditation room may vary, in extreme cases air conditioning is a must. So sitting clothes should be for both colder and warmer room temperatures. Sitting is to be performed on floor, preferable on carpet. Personal sitting props are advisable.
In the case the room is too warm please be prepared with lots of t-shirts or use the hotel laundry facilities to solve the necessary logistics.
In case the hotel has hot springs these are nice to use during evenings but is recommended to stay away of sauna. Hot baths to the legs are fine.
This is the basic schedule of all Longmen seminars. Master can change it slightly depending on the group status and needs. Sometimes we get free evenings if most of us are too tired. Sometimes the seminar place might impose some changes in the schedule and it will be corrected accordingly during the seminar.
- 6:00-7:00 – Morning Power Walk practice (qi exchange, outdoor)
- 7:30-8:00 – Breakfast
- 9:00-12:00 – Morning sitting practice (lesson + practice, indoor)
- 12:30-1:30 – Lunch
- 15:00-18:00 – Afternoon sitting practice (lesson + practice, indoor)
- 18:30-19:30 – Dinner
- 20:00-21:00 – Tree balance practice (outdoor)
- 22:00-23:00 – Lay down practice (known as sleep practice, in bed in own room)
Pre seminar preparations
The schedule is quite intensive so you should prepare a bit before the seminar:
- please do some cardio in order to be at least in casual shape and perform well for outdoor activities
- please try to be well rested even before seminar
- during seminar do not neglect sleep and especially naps. Good naps can be from 8:00 to 8:45am and from 1:30 to 2:45pm. Go to sleep straight at 11pm or earlier if the sleep practice is skipped that day.
- unless on special diet related to the practice please do not skip meals. Try to eat variate food in proper quantities. Do not go to practice with full belly.
- After few days the sleepy state might change to clarity state and difficulty to sleep during the night. Please use this opportunity to practice sitting before and after midnight, do not engage in computer, phone, TV activities and go to sleep as quick as you feel the need
Usually seminar provided food is diverse and satisfactory for every taste and diet type. If you know you have a very special relation with food please bring your own stuff that you usually carry on such trips. If you plan on fasting please first ask master if he agrees. If so, please have him look at your face each and every morning and start eating as soon as he prompts you to do so. Fasting is not advisable for begginers, there is enough struggle even without it.