2020 seminar and COVID-19 situation
- 11 March 2020 at 08:36 #5203
Let talk about the alteratives, issues, even personal experience with COVID-19 virus here11 March 2020 at 08:40 #5205
Hi, we have been offered the interval of October 28 – November 7 by the hotel in Italy. However I feel the evolution of COVID-19 will just ramp up again in autumn and we will be in the same or worse situation as today.
Ana has suggested to change for Bulgaria but I doubt at the time Bulgaria can be a safe heaven in a see of infected countries.
While I suggest to wait for month of May to reassess our options, please write your suggestion here as well in the meantime.11 March 2020 at 10:06 #5207Riccardo LautiziParticipant
Thanks for the discussion.
13-23 October there is the international seminar in Dalian and some of us (me included) are interested to go, so best would be if the european date is not so close, as in this case I would need to choose which one to go.14 April 2020 at 12:58 #5211Ana Maria StanParticipant
1) a location where most of us can travel by car, since there is a big risk to get infected in an airplane, where the air is being recirculated every 8 minutes;
2) a hotel with a reasonable (lower) offer, maybe not 5 stars, but good quality of services and meals, and full board. Maybe a small location near a forest is better this year, with less traffic and hence lower risk of infection;
3) Aug/Sept, for three reasons: the Dalian seminar, the 2nd wave in Nov/Dec and the potential travel restrictions.
Bulgaria or other countries in Europe are great, as long as we keep it simple and “below radar”. Maybe you can ask Master to guide us with his suggestions regarding location and time frame.14 April 2020 at 13:44 #5212
Yes Ana, all of these sound ok but master told me to wait until May then contact him back on the topic. He might further delay things.
Also we need to plan for decontamination protocols if we will gather this summer.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.